A Basic Recipe for a Single Layer Yellow Cake
This is such a basic recipe, but one that everyone needs in their recipe file. This cake is a favorite in our family, and it can be doubled when you really want to impress. This recipe makes a light, gluten-free cake that is sure to please everyone. Since it is quick and easy to whip up, it is the basis for several cakes and cup cakes that I make for various events.
From cookouts to big birthday bashes, everyone in the family should be able to enjoy the special treats for the celebrations. I bet that once you try this recipe, you will make it your own–adapting it to the likes of your family and friends.
For some reason, bring out a cake for dessert makes the meal an occasion! I hope you will try it and enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1½ cup Baking Free™ Gluten-Free all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour one 8" X 8" pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, and then stir in vanilla.
- Combine baking powder and flour. Add to the creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in milk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (for cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes).
- Cake is done when it springs back to the touch or a toothpick to the center comes out clean.