Apple Drop Biscuits–Made with Baking Mix
These are so flavorful and fun to add to a dinner. I often serve them with a pork chop and salad dinner. The flavor of the shredded apples and the apple pie spice mix makes this biscuit truly mouth watering. I prefer to serve them warm, right out of the oven for best flavor and texture. However, if by any chance you have any left over–warm them up and serve them for breakfast. Delish!
I like drop biscuits and often add them at the last minute to dinners. They seem to make the dinner special. They also help to fill up busy and hungry husbands and teens. So, keep this recipe nearby and add it to one of your family’s dinner menu. I’ll bet you get rave reviews and will have a new family favorite. Don’t tell anyone how quick and easy they are to prepare. Just take the compliments and smile!
- 2 cups homemade baking mix (recipe posted June 29, 2015)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ heaped teaspoons apple pie spice mix (recipe posted)
- ½ cup apple cider (or juice)
- 1 Granny Smith apple (peeled, cored and shredded)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Stir together the baking mix, walnuts, sugar and apple pie spice mix.
- Add cider (or juice) and apple. Stir until dough clings together.
- Drop batter by tablespoon (I used my small ice cream scoop) onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Enjoy warm. Makes 12-16 biscuits.