Baked Granola Cups with Yogurt–Yum!
These granola cups are so easy to make. I enjoy them on busy mornings, if I have a couple in the freezer, for a grab and go breakfast. Usually they are eaten up right away. I enjoy the flexibility of this recipe. You can add whatever dried fruit you have on hand for the homemade granola cups. And, of course, you can use whatever you have for the yogurt and fruit for topping. I used plain yogurt and slices of orange for the topping here.
I gather the ingredients for the granola cups over a period of time. For example, if I need sunflower seeds for a snack or recipe, I set aside enough to make the granola cups in a baggie. This I mark with contents and amount. I don’t even have to thaw them when I make this recipe. The same with dried cranberries. I usually have the rest of the ingredients in my pantry. Time to make another patch of gluten-free granola cups. This recipe makes 12 so I try to freeze 2 or 4 for future needs. The cups thaw very quickly in the microwave for those crazy, pressured mornings. Just don’t fill them with the yogurt and fruit until you are going to eat them!
I enjoy having these perfectly portioned treats ready at a moment’s notice. Just thaw, top with yogurt (and fruit, if available) and go! Let me know if you like this recipe and if it helps you on those busy mornings! Happy gluten-free baking
- 1¼ cup Positively Free™ Instant Oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ⅓ cup Baking Free™ gluten-free All Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg,1/2 cup honey
- In the bowl of a food processor add oats, almonds, dried fruit, flour and seeds. Pulse until ingredients are chopped and mixed well.
- Add cinnamon, salt and allspice. Combine by pulsing once or twice.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg and stir in honey. While food processor is running, stream in this mixture to blend.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan well. Divide granola mix evenly among the 12 cups, pressing down in center and pushing granola up the sides with wet fingers.
- Bake 20 minutes or until edges brown and cups are set. Cool several minutes before unmolding. Allow to cool completely.
- Top granola cups with 1-2 tablespoonsful of yogurt and a slice of fruit--if desired.
- Don't fill cups until ready to serve. Makes 12 granola cups.