Chocolate Cake in a Mug–Just For You or to Share
It’s hot! Maybe the kids are gone to grandma’s or to camp. If you are looking for a dessert just for one or two people, I’ve got it covered. And this recipe only takes 5 minutes in the microwave! This recipe is so simple you can practically memorize it. Or, perhaps, I make it too often! Anyway, you are going to find so many times this recipe will come in handy. When a friend stops by in the afternoon, and you don’t have any gf goodies, don’t be worried. You can whip this up and share it with a friend in minutes.
It really tastes best slightly warm. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you have a deluxe treat. I find that it is just too much for me so I recommend sharing. But I don’t judge. I won’t know if you really, really need a chocolate fix, and eat it all yourself. Enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons Baking Free™gluten-free All Purpose Flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (gluten-free)
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- In a large mug (about a 12 ounce coffee mug) place the dry ingredients and mix well with a spoon.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips, if using and the vanilla extract. Mix again.
- Put the mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
- The cake will rise over the top of the mug--don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little and tip the cake out onto a plate, if desired. This makes enough to serve two if you feel like sharing. Best when served warm.