Chocolate Chip Cookies–a Family Favorite!
Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? As a treat for the beginning of Summer, I can’t think of anything better! In fact, let’s get the kids involved and start a family tradition of baking chocolate chip cookies on the first day of Summer vacation. It can be something for everyone to look forward to doing together. Sometimes the best memories are made with simple, classic plans such as this.
Cookies are a versatile dessert and everyone loves them. It doesn’t matter if you are planning a cookout, a road trip or just a family dinner, chocolate chip cookies fill the bill. You can plan more elegant and time-consuming desserts, but chocolate chip cookies and a dish of ice cream is a favorite. Why not relax and enjoy this treat along with your loved ones?
Happy gluten-free baking–all Summer long!
- 2¼ cups Baking Free™ Gluten-Free all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup shortening
- ¾ cups packed brown sugar
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12oz chocolate chips
- Bring butter and shortening to room temperature.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk sugars, eggs, butter, shortening and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Measure the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and mix. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Note: the more chips the more fragile the finished cookies will be.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll chilled dough into balls (about 1 tablespoon in size) and place on baking sheets 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then slide parchment paper onto a cooling rack. Cool completely. Makes about 30 cookies.