Cookie Butter and White Chocolate Blondies–What a Treat!
Happy Labor Day! The last holiday at the end of summer–all good things come to an end! But you can still enjoy the last cook-out and get ready for Fall, football season and more outings with friends. Blondies are always a wonderful addition to any gathering.
Somehow a mixture between chocolate chip cookies (who doesn’t like them?) and white brownies–blondies are great. Gluten-free blondies are even better! Give this recipe a try– you may have just found your family’s new favorite cookie. And they are so easy–add them to your holiday baking schedule. You won’t be disappointed!
- 1 cup Baking Free™ gluten-free All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup homemade gluten-free cookie butter (Recipe posted July 28)
- 1¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil leaving enough overhang on all sides. Set aside.
- in a medium bowl toss together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and brown sugar together. Add the egg and egg yolk, then add the vanilla. Mix in the homemade cookie butter. Mix in the dry ingredients. The batter will be very thick. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter int to the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes or so. The blondies will appear vey soft. They will set up as the cool. Allow the blondies to cool completely--about 3 hours. Lift the foil out of the pan using the overhang and cut into bars. Makes about 16 blondies.