Cranberry Orange Muffins–a Delightful Breakfast Treat
Ah, the joys and smells of the holidays! Waking up to the smell of these wonderful muffins will only enhance your celebration of the last couple of weeks of 2015. Everyone seems to be rushed at this time of the year. Slow down and smell the muffins!
I love baking with fresh berries and cranberries are my winter go-to berry for baking. Since cranberries are often tangy, this recipe mixes them with a sweet, light batter and the flavor of fresh oranges. What a treat! Gluten-free baking is as creative and exciting as gluten-full baking, but better for those who might otherwise miss out. A win-win situation if I’ve ever of one.
Make a batch for your family for this weekend and consider making an extra batch to share with neighbors. Everyone enjoys homemade goodies over the holidays. It just shows how much you care! Enjoy!
- 2 cups Baking Free gluten-free All Purpose Flour (248 g)
- ⅔ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups fresh cranberries (chopped and frozen)
- ⅔ cups milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Large egg (lightly beaten)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Weigh flour into bowl. Add sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Place cranberries in a small bowl and dust with a touch of flour and stir into the flour mix.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Combine milk, butter, rind, vanilla and egg. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until combined.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups prepared with cooking spray or paper cups. Fill ½ full or so.
- Bake about 18 minutes or until toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand in muffin tin 10 minutes then remove to cooling rack. Serve when cool. Makes 12 muffins.