Filled Won Ton Appetizers–Tasty and Gluten-Free
Monday I posted a blog and the recipe for won ton wrappers as requested. Today I’ll share just how I used those wrappers and more. I cut some of the wrappers into rectangles of 2-inch x 3-inch or so. Then I placed one in each of the cups of a small cupcake or muffin tin, gently pushing down to make a small cup with the wrappers. Then I made a warm crab dip recipe and filled some of the cups. These were delicious. My take on Crab Rangoon, maybe?
Since the won tons were so easy to make, I made more appetizers and filled them with bbq and a touch of shredded cheese. The third kind I made had hummus with a bit of pesto topping. All of these were tasty!
I served these as snacks during the Sunday football game and they were very well received! Here is the recipe for the crab filling, if you want to make it. You can certainly do what I did and let your imagination wild to create your own fillings. Enjoy!
- Won Ton Wrappers (Recipe posted 9/21. I doubled this recipe.)
- 1 can Bumble Bee white crabmeat, drained
- 1 packet cream cheese (8 0z)
- 3 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- ¼ cup minced onions
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sherry, horseradish and Worcestershire sauce. Blend to combine. Stir in onion and crab.
- Place 1 won ton in each bowl of a small cupcake tin. Spoon 1 tablespoon filling into wrappers. Brush the wrappers with melted butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake appetizers for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. You may wish to top appetizers with shredded cheese. Serve warm. Makes about 24 appetizers.