Hawaiian Bread from the Breadmaker–Yum!
You know I try everything once I get a recipe that works. So the last recipe was for handmade Hawaiian bread. Good but could it be easier? Could I make it in the bread machine? Why, yes. I can and so can you. I use a Cuisinart Automatic Breadmaker because it has a gluten-free function. This function only allows the dough to rise once–just as you should for gluten-free breads. The structure in the bread–not having gluten–just isn’t strong enough to get a good second rise.
This recipe makes a two pound loaf that is golden and beautiful. Give it a try!
- 1 cup pineapple juice, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3½ tablespoons honey
- 4 cups Baking Free™gluten-free All Purpose Flour (496 g)
- 3 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 tablespoon fast rising yeast (BreadMachine yeast--this is slightly more than 1 envelope)
- Place ingredients in bread machine container as directed by manufacturer. Basically, it is all the liquid in the bottom, flour on top and yeast on top of the flour.
- Cycle is gluten-free; dark color and 2 pound loaf.
- Start machine and sit back. The results will be beautiful. Makes 1 loaf.