No Bake Cookies using Homemade GF Cookie Butter
A new no bake cookie recipe is always a good thing! This week we have shared recipes for the Dutch cookie, Speculaas, and for cookie butter made from these cookies. The only problem I’ve had is that my family is eating the cookies before I can get to making the cookie butter. But that is OK–I’ve made a second batch so I have lots of cookie butter to use in the next few weeks. And, oh yeah, I have several more recipes to use cookie butter in.
It is still July, and it is still hot. So I decided we should start off the cookie butter recipes with a no bake cookie. These are rich and sweet. They seem to melt in your mouth. I made them early in the day and served them at lunch–they were a hit. So, if you have be on this baking journey with me, give this recipe a try. I think you and your family will be pleased.
Happy gluten-free baking!
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup homemade cookie butter (recipe posted July 28)
- 3 cups Positively Free™ Instant Oats
- In a large saucepan, mix butter, sugar and milk on medium high heat. Bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Do not skip this step! Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cookie butter, vanilla and salt until thoroughly combined. Fold in oats.
- Scoop cookie dough onto parchment paper in 2 tablespoon scoops. Allow to set for about 1 hour.
- Remove from parchment and store in airtight container.