Pancakes–Gluten-Free and Delicious
Another basic recipe everyone should have is how to make gluten-free pancakes from scratch. You will never know just when you will need this, but, trust me, you will need it! And I believe you should practice to be sure you can do this perfectly. I never had any problem finding a husband or kids to eat pancakes!
The following recipe will make about 8 light and tasty pancakes. One thing I have found is that you have to push down on the pancake when you have flipped it to the second side. Gluten-free pancakes tend to rise and you want them to cook through as the second side browns. We don’t want any scorched pancakes–they are too precious. Top them with butter and syrup, fresh sliced fruit or jam. Anyway you enjoy your pancakes–they are quick and easy to make!
Happy gluten-free baking! Enjoy!
- 1¼ cup Baking Free™ Gluten-Free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- In a second bowl, combine egg, milk and oil. Add to dry ingredients all at once.
- Stir to mix, but don't over mix. A slightly lumpy batter is ok.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-to-high heat.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides. It can take 3-4 minutes each side to brown. After you flip to brown the second side, push down with spatula to ensure pancake cooks completely.
- If batter thickens too much as it sits, you can add a little more milk. Makes about 8 pancakes.