Praline Rounds–A Scrumptious Holiday Cookie!
They say you can take the girl out of the South but you can’t take the South out of the girl! So true! I love most thing Southern, especially the foods. These cookies are just great! Pecans, brown sugar, butter and lots of love. Plus, they are a slice and bake recipe so you can make them today, bake some and save some for later. It just doesn’t get better than that!
I love the ease of slice and bake recipes. I don’t think you can make a mistake with them. Our flour makes them perfectly so all you have to do is follow the recipe, and you have a gluten-free recipe for your family treasury. This recipe makes about 70 cookies–plenty to enjoy and to share. That is what baking holiday cookies is all about. Top them with the brown sugar drizzle and you are in business. Everyone you grace with these cookies will want the recipe. So share it with them–I’d love it!
Happy gluten-free holiday baking! Search my blog for lots of recipes for holiday cookie trays and enjoy!
- ½ cup butter or margarine, at room temperature
- ½ cup shortening, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups Baking Free™ gluten-free All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- Brown Sugar Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and shortening on high for about 30 seconds to combine. Add brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat on medium to combine. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Finally beat in flour and ½ cup of the chopped pecans.
- Shape dough into two 10-inch logs. Wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours or up to 48 hours.
- Cut dough into ¼ inch slices. Reshape to round if necessary. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment. Sprinkle tops with remaining chopped pecans and press lightly. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet. Move to cooling racks . Drizzle with frosting. Makes about 72 cookies.
Brown Sugar Frosting
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup packed brown sugar, ¼ cup butter and ¼ cup light cream. Heat and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and Whisk in 1⅓ cups powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth. Frosting will thicken as it cools. If necessary add a few drops of water to make frosting loose enough to drizzle over cookies. Makes 1½ cup frosting.