Quick and Easy Quiche using GF Baking Mix
I love quiche at any meal of the day. I always have eggs on hand and can feed a large group or surprise visitors with this recipe. Plus I can whip it together and have a little time to relax with the group before serving.
I keep the homemade gluten-free baking mix on hand just for such emergencies, but also because there are so many way to use it for family meals also. A win-win situation. Now the baking mix stays fresh for at least 2 weeks in the pantry. If I’m not going to use it that quickly, I place it in a zip-lock bag and freeze it (flat) in the freezer. It thaws quickly that way, and I can crumble it as it thaws. It is better to bake with once it is thawed and crumbled.
Please give this recipe a try. It is truly a gluten-free winner! Enjoy!
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cups gluten-free baking mix (recipe posted June 29)
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package chopped, frozen broccoli (thawed and drained)
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 8oz shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 10 inch quiche pan or spring form pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together milk, eggs, baking mix, butter and Parmesan cheese. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Stir in broccoli, ham and Cheddar cheese. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, until eggs are set and top is golden brown.