Red, White & Blue Cupcakes to Celebrate July 4th!
I hope you, your family and friends get together and celebrate the July 4th holiday. If you do have a plan for the holiday–I also hope you will go the “extra mile” and make something amazing. Here is a recipe for cupcakes that you might consider–they are tasty and use some of the fresh berries to carry out the red, white and blue theme.
Whatever you do–have a safe and happy holiday!
- 1½ cup Baking Free™ gluten-free all purpose flour (for best results weigh flour, 1½ cups = 186 g)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter (at room temerature)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries (rinsed, dried and lightly floured)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 12 cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a stand mixer bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- On low in eggs, one at a time, then add in vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder. With mixer on low, add to the creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Add milk and beat until the batter is smooth, about 2 minutes. Take off mixer and with a spoon gently stir in the blueberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool on rack.
- Using your favorite recipe, prepare white buttercream icing. Take ¼ cup of icing and tint red with food coloring. Set aside.
- Ice the cooled cupcakes with white buttercream icing. Place the red icing in decorator sleeve with star attachment. Pipe red decoration in the center of the iced cupcakes.